Friday, June 8, 2007

Update Your Blog!

Ok Jim, you’re right. I haven’t been updating my blog often enough. Jim is a good friend and an even better meteorologist in Memphis. I’ll let the readers check out WREG’s web site and figure out who Jim is. Anyway he makes a good point. Folks use blogs to stay connected because we are often far flung. But it’s hard for us older folks to remember to write them. We are pretty good with email but my youngest son informed me rather curtly recently that email is old school. All things cellular are in. Text message dad. Heck, the keys are so small on my phone I have trouble pressing the right ones to make a text message. Then I sign them "Dad". My son laughs again. Dad, I know it’s you. It came from your cell phone. And to think that around the Roanoke Valley today, hundreds of young folks graduated high school and they are our future. And they can text message. I wonder what the new thing will be next year. Sigh.
Did you miss the Bedford Strawberry Festival this year? Apparently it was earlier than past years but it was great fun for the whole family. A record crowd on Saturday. Put it on your calendar for next year. You can pick your own berries if you like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Robin,

I could never imagine the day when you would say that I was right. But I really do keep track of you and many of my friends and family through their blogs. You are an excellent writer, as evidence by your VT entry. It brought tears to my ears and pride to my heart for you and your newsroom. I loved reading it.

Keep up the good work, I've updated the web address, which had apparently changed. Make sure your readers and viewers know about that. You could text them, but then you don't know how. Fortunately, I do, and will text you from now on, to drag you kicking and screaming into 2007.

Yours Truly,

Jim Jaggers
WREG TV
Memphis, Tennessee