Thursday, December 27, 2007

Happy Holidays

Things that occurred in the last week, both great and not so great. Let's start with the latter.
Standing at a funeral Thursday morning. Everyone deep in thought. A cell phone rings. A loud, shrill ring. Was the man embarrassed? NO. He took the call.
Sitting in mass on Christmas Eve. Everyone deep in prayer. A cell phone rings. One of those goofy ring tones. She took the call!
Cell phones are the greatest invention ever but customers should have to take a test to find out if they have enough common sense to set the phone to vibrate.

We finish 2007 with an ongoing drought. But the weather did cooperate for the most part as folks traveled for the Christmas season.

From my family to yours, may 2008 be a year of great joy and good health.

--Robin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cell phone may very well be the invention of our lifetime. But it is soooo irritating to constantly see people with them stuck to their ear like its a life force. I cant get to the pot roast because some lady is standing there yakking to her husband about meat prices on her cell phone, because he wouldnt go shopping with her. I have to honk the horn at the lady at the stoplight, because she is too busy 'jawwing' to see that the light has turned green. I have a cell phone myself, but I scarcely use it..its for the school to get in touch with me if my son has one of his migrane headaches. Innovative, yes..annoying ? Definitely.