Friday, July 13, 2007

McCartney, a fast summer and friends.

For Father’s Day this year, my boys got me the new Paul McCartney CD, Memory Almost Full and a Bobby Flay grilling cookbook. Both items are special because they took the time to purchase such thoughtful gifts. Besides my passion for cooking on weekends, I’m a hopeless McCartney fan. Upon first play, the CD was OK but the artwork and liner notes were almost nonexistent. As an old Beatles fan, I cherished the album covers, lyrics and anything extra we could find to give us a behind the scenes glimpse of the group. This thing was weak. Until I realized that McCartney was sending us to his web site where we find not only the lyrics but short audio clips and HIS THOUGHTS BEHIND THE SONGS. Now the tracks jumped to life! How cool it is for a 64 year-old British rocker to be so modern.
A recent visit to Kiawah Island, SC allowed me the opportunity to catch up with fellow meteorologist Bill Walsh. He is the chief meteorologist at WSCS in Charleston, SC. I met Bill years ago at a weathercaster’s workshop in Lyndonville, VT. It was at the 7 day seminar for TV weather-folks that several of us developed friendships that last to this day. The chance to see Bill and meet his family was special. So was the bottle of wine he brought me back from France.

Finally a big thank you to all the Roanoker Magazine readers who voted Robin Reed and SkyTracker 7 Weather as the most accurate forecast. After years of winning Roanoke’s Sexiest Man, I take real pride in this award. We will work hard to keep your trust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After seeing your legs in those shorts, we can see why you're voted Roanoke's sexiest on-air personality. (just kidding boss) Glad you had fun at the beach, catching up with old friends. Well, not old as in age....um...forget it. I'm done. --Brent